There are moments we know someone is not telling truth, or basically they are lying. Obviously, we can simply call them a liar, but you may try some other phrases which could be less straightforward or neutral, or you may decide not to mince words and call a spade a spade. Learn some new phrases below:
You're pulling my leg.
That's a bit of an exaggeration.
He's stretching the truth.
He's not telling the whole truth.
She's being economical with truth.
His story is fishy.
That's an outright lie.
That's a pack of lies.
- teacher of English
- interpreter PL-EN, EN-PL
- B.A in English Linguistics, M.A in Linguistics, Sworn and Business Translations, Financial Analysis and Reporting
- over 18 years experience teaching and designing materials
- experience teaching online to individuals and small groups
- experience teaching in-company
- 3500+ hours of online lessons